Re: Intermodulation Performance

Kees,

In no way am I questioning the strategies you and the team are working through. But can you educate me as to why uBitx doesn’t just use programming to simply select the appropriate band-specific low-pass filter such as presented by this 9-band $34 kit at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lowpass-filters-for-HF-Amateur-Transceiver-LPF-9-bands-KIT-for-assembly-12V/172672764028?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649? Will low-pass filters not correct the spurs generated as well as harmonics? Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

David A Posthuma, WD8PUO

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kees T
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:01 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Intermodulation Performance

Allen and David,

Right now this is just a test to see what the results look like and "if there is a pony in the room". We may just provide the Gerber files, the LPF Relay boards, A complete LPF upgrade kit (not sure I can handle the potential demand after the AGC/Click activity), or just give it to someone else to run with ...?

73 Kees K5BCQ