Re: Arduino Hangs

Howard Fidel

All:
I hooked up another Nano and checked the outputs at A4 and A5 and found they only went up to 3.5V. The one I put in the Raduino pulled up to 4.5 volts. I hooked up the first Nano just to the SCL and data lines for the SI chip and get the right signals from the Nano, but nothing happens with the SI chip. My conclusion is the SI chip and the new Nano I installed are both defective. I ordered a SI breakout board from Adafruit. I will test it first with the Nano that works and then install both into the Raduino. Hopefully after that I will be back in business with my uBitx.

Howard

On 8/16/2018 10:08 AM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io wrote:
Wrong.
From page 252 of Atmel-8271-8-bit-AVR-Microcontroller-ATmega48A-48PA-88A-88PA-168A-168PA-328-328P_datasheet_Complete.pdf
dated 11-2015, section 24.9.5:
"Note that ADC pins ADC7 and ADC6 do not have digital input buffers, and therefore do not require Digital Input Disable bits."

This is why a stock uBitx sends CW if you power up without an external pullup on A6.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 06:42 AM, Clark Martin wrote:
The “analog” pins, Arduino numbering A0-A7, are PORTC and can be used as digital IO or analog.  Any limitations (if any) area due to the Arduino development environment, specifically the pin I/O calls.

Clark Martin
KK6ISP