Re: uBitX CW bandwith

derek (G4VWI)

I am just trying out a variable bandwidth filter from sota-beams.

I am not sure if the drive level from the preamplifier taken directly  from the audio gain pot will be enough to drive this or if it will need to be fed from the audio output socket. Gain can be pre-set between 1 or 4.

It will run off 5V to 14V so not sure whether or not to run this from a mini buck converter or directly off the 12V supply.

If anyone has got one of these dual band or vari-filters up and running I would like to know how you got on. I will update you when I have tried out a few ideas. Derek G4VWI.