Re: Arduino Hangs

Howard Fidel

John:
I can get to the diagnostic menu. I assume I am to press 1 for the core? I tried all of them, and I see nothing happening. I will load my code, and look with a scope at the I2C bus.

Howard

On 8/15/2018 4:43 PM, John wrote:
Howard:

The interaction with the diagnostic software is via the serial port as I assumed the communication with the display or the encoder could be faulty.

Use the serial monitor of the IDE. See the README.txt file for the comms parameters.

The i2c bus tests are:
1. Is the bus locked (lines pulled down)?
2. Is the si5351 at the expected address responding?
3. Can we write a byte to a register at that address?

If you get error 1 check the bus. You could change the blink sketch to toggle A4 and A5 and measure the voltages (0V then 3.3V).

If you get error 2 it could be 3.3V not getting to si5351 or chip dead, or other bus issue.

If you get error 3, prepare the (de)soldering station, chip gone mad :(

73, John (VK2ETA)