Re: Arduino Hangs

Arv Evans

Howard

Might only need to flow-chart the section where it displays the Version Number and then hangs.
I would start in that area with adding print statements that point to individual lines of code (turn on
line numbers in the IDE and use these numbers in the print statements to keep them short).

Arv
_._

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 9:45 PM Howard Fidel <sonic1@...> wrote:
Jack:
Thanks. I am running my customized version which I have been using for a few months. I also tried
the original code, but I get the same exact problem. It would be nice to have a flow chart for the code so I can better understand the flow and figure out where to put in test statements to figure it out. It must be some I/O issue I think because the code is good, and I had to rework the Raduino to change the Arduino. Maybe in the morning I will look for possible shorts on the I/O pins, maybe something it looks at?

Howard

On 8/14/2018 11:35 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
If you're using "known" software (e.g., from Dr. Lee or Allard), I would download a "fresh" copy and try again. Also, make sure you are using the latest version of the IDE.

Jack, W8TEE

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 11:30:51 PM EDT, Howard Fidel <sonic1@...> wrote:

As I said, the Arduino starts and displays the version number then hangs.

On 8/14/2018 11:28 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Does the "code" hang, or does the "compile process", or does the "upload" hang?

Jack, W8TEE

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 11:22:44 PM EDT, Howard Fidel <sonic1@...> wrote:

Yes, and the V4 program I was running before loaded properly.

On 8/14/2018 10:54 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Does it run the sample program named Blink that comes with the IDE?

Jack, W8TEE

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 9:45:21 PM EDT, Howard Fidel <sonic1@...> wrote:

I was hopping I could pick someone's brain before I start to experiment with the code I am running on my Arduino. My Arduino nano died, and I just replaced it with a new one. (I tried to socket it, but the pins didn't plug into any sockets I have.) The code hangs at the version number. Is there anything going on that the code looks for that it is not seeing to move on? I know how to add print statements to see if I can locate where the problem is, but if someone has seen this, maybe you could save me some time.
Thanks,

Howard