Re: Arduino Hangs

Howard Fidel

John:
I did find a short between D3-D4-D5 under the connector to the uBitx main board. I don't know how that happened, since I didn't touch that connector doing the rework. Anyway, the problem didn't go away after clearing the shorts. I loaded your ubitx_diagnostic and it also hangs with the version on the display. It seems it is not getting to the I2C bus section? Or do I have the wrong program?

Thanks,
Howard

On 8/15/2018 9:48 AM, John wrote:
Hello Howard,

Based on what you describe I suspect an issue with the I2C bus.

Suggested tests would be either to
a) Comment out the wire.xxxx call lines in the si5351 tab or
b) Load my test program (in the file section) as it performs 3 gradual tests of the bus, including writing to the si5351 but with a timeout. So it will always return a result, positive or negative.

From memory the wire library uses blocking call for sending data over the bus. So if the communication is not possible it would hang there.

Reasons could be defective nano A4/A5, short/open circuit in bus lines, defective si5351.

73, John (VK2ETA)