Re: reverse polarity protection (ubitx.net)

MVS Sarma

Very Nice concept to use a pFET, mike Yancey.

 I suppose, most power fets would have a reverse diode across Drain and Source.
 what happens of some one connects DC input in reverse,
 The diode takes on and sends the reverse voltage to the load not caring "gate control"
.
Please analyse and let us find a way.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 8:15 PM Mike Yancey <mikeyancey@...> wrote:

I usually prefer the P-FET solution - prices have come down for these, around a buck per P-FET.
And not only the price, but more & more P-FETs with very low V-forward drop.

No fuse to replace (if you're 'wrong') and nearly no voltage drop (when correctly connected).

Also: consider Power Poles. Using Power Poles makes it *very* hard to mal-connect.

Mike Yancey, KM5Z
Dallas, Texas, USA