Re: Harmonic performance - SSB vs CW

m5fra2@...

Excellent, just shows that all is not lost and the BITX will live on!

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Warren Allgyer
Sent: 07 August 2018 13:20
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Harmonic performance - SSB vs CW

The filter components as designed are perfectly adequate once the relay and layout problems are addressed. Yes, there are likely improvements that can be made with optimization but they are fine as is.

I have removed the filter components from the uBitx and laid them out in a straight line on perf board. It is not pretty but that was not my intent..... I wanted to see how they perform. They perform superbly in this layout.

Photos of the board and the filter profiles are attached.

WA8TOD