From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>
Sent: 06 August 2018 14:14:38
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] One question only...

yup --- agreed.   Need to have a pair of hemostats or something to protect the center insulation.   But somehow I did it as a teenager causue heathkit used those a lot.

we seem to have a lot of hams today who aren't even up to the level of heathkit assemblers, and it is good to improve onthat!!!!

this forum has taught me a ton...

I saw the price of a Rigol 700....I might be able to swing it....   the 800 's seem to have the tracking generator but then the price is $500 higher..... is it worth it?    Or can I somehow use a si5351 below 100 MHz?

I am getting a little unit that is supposed to let me tune duplexers ($100 cheapie system from china)

gordon