Re: One question only...

Arv Evans

One of the reasons for providing ham gear in kit form is that owner/operator built units
are subject to different requirements than commercially built equipment.  All BITX
designs to-date have been marketed as partial or total kits-of-parts to keep them inside
the owner-built realm.  Being owner-built it is that owner's responsibility to insure
compliance with applicable rules.  This helps to keep prices down and does require that
the builder have the technical skills he/she claimed to have during their license exam.

Arv
_._

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 1:15 AM Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:
What I get out of this is sad. I was one of the last hams in the US to actually have to learn Morse code to be able to have HF privileges.

To me it seems the hobby is so dumbed down that if you expect to buy an unfinished kit and want to treat it like a Kenwood you probably are in over your head.

This from my understanding was grown out of a desire to in fact provide people in places and economic situations to be able to use hf.

Find a spectrum analyzer or a person who can if you want to build your own rig.

KF4FTR