Re: Bitx40v3 CAT Control firmware?

Vic WA4THR

Just curious why CAT control is seen as a requirement, When I started with PSK31 I was using an older rig and the only connection to a computer was via a SignaLink that provided audio in/out and PTT derived from a VOX circuit in the SignaLink. Others keyed the rig with some other output line from the computer off a serial port. Almost all the digital modes (save RTTY) were on "fixed" frequencies with tuning done by just varying the tones supplied/received in the audio passband of that frequency. Logging was easy since the frequency never changed. So what is the value of CAT control?

=Vic=
WA4THR