Re: One question only...

Christopher Miller

What I get out of this is sad. I was one of the last hams in the US to actually have to learn Morse code to be able to have HF privileges.

To me it seems the hobby is so dumbed down that if you expect to buy an unfinished kit and want to treat it like a Kenwood you probably are in over your head.

This from my understanding was grown out of a desire to in fact provide people in places and economic situations to be able to use hf.

Find a spectrum analyzer or a person who can if you want to build your own rig.

KF4FTR