Re: One question only...

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>

Brian,  although I might eventually spring for $700 to get a Rigol, until i do, I'm  "quite certain" that the unit(s) I have are quite legal!    And possibly better in some respects than the vacuum tube SB-102 that I'm hoping to bring back on line, and the homebrew linear I built about 50 years ago.

Ashar might have a different issue as a manufacturer but he's a very bright fellow & I'm sure he'll find a few dB here and there if he decides it has to be done.   And we all might slowly make any changes he suggests...

No one who hears my little 5-10 watt signal can figure out exactly what model radio it comes from and I doubt seriously that anyone will be upset by any tiny signals elsewhere.   I have icom's heathkits, and lots of rigs to use.   

Enjoy ham radio, and keep improving yourself and your gear as you go along!!!

Cheers,

gordon 

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 5, 2018 1:12 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] One question only...

Depends in part on stuff like how much gain the 2n3904's in the 45mhz IF have,
where RV1 is set, how sensitive the mike is.
Those that don't meet spec on some bands and/or modes don't miss it by all that much.
Some users will note that at 5 or 10 watts, it's got weaker obnoxious emissions
than rigs with 100 watts or more that meet spec. 

It should be better.

Jerry

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 09:47 PM, Brian L. Davis wrote:
The bottom line question is simply, is this a legal radio or not!
Yes or No?
Which is it?
I appreciate all the technical and intellectual discourse but the bottom line is, IS IT LEGAL OR NOT?
The average HAM wants to buy the unit and put it on the air.  Can that be done without major modifications?
If it can, then nothing is changed and we go on trying to modify or improve.
If it can't, then we need to abandon the project and move on.
So, which is it?
Can I use this radio or not?

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.