Subject: [BITX20] ubitx CW straight key wiring
From: dkuk@...
Date: Wed, August 01, 2018 9:29 pm
To: BITX20@groups.io

I've gone through 2 rounds of blowing finals before I finally found it mentioned that the wiring in the manual for the CW straight key was wrong.
It is also wrong on the website https://ubitx.net/wiring-up-a-paddle-and-straight-key/........
The resistor and blue wire must be wired to the upper right terminal in both pictures for it to work properly.
With the wiring as pictured my keyers essentially shorted the ring to the sleeve, hard keying the rig.

I would set up my keyer - plug it into the jack on the ubitx, then power the ubitx up,
unaware that as soon as I powered up, the ubitx was keyed until the finals finally fried.

This is the reference from the same web page mentioning the error in the schematic:
"There is an error on the circuit diagram and the wire up instructions for the CW Key.  The
diagrams show the key connected to pin 2 of the key jack. Pin 2 is the RING terminal, not the TIP."

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else is going through similar frustration.
I was so frustrated that I was ready to scrap my ubitx.