Re: click fix and squeal on transmit #ubitx

Ben AC1FG

Thanks, Don! In a surprise move, the problem turned out to be uncarefulness on my part. My confidence was misplaced, since I'd used wrong capacitors in a total of four places: both caps in the circuit were 10μf, not 10 nf, and my replacements for C50 and C63 were not polarized. Now that I've replaced all four with the correct caps, the squeal is gone. The click is still audible in the headphones when the volume pot is turned way up, but it's much less than before. I think I'm going to declare this a qualified success and put the radio back in its enclosure.