Re: End Fed antennas w/ uBITX #ubitx

Vince Vielhaber

What was her problem with it, isn't she a fan of orange?

Vince - K8ZW.

On 07/29/2018 09:58 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
I think everyone here knows that, when working QRP, the antenna system
is a HUGE factor in one's success, or lack thereof. The good news: I'm
fortunate in one manner, in that I am surrounded by 80' trees on almost
3 acres. The bad news: The XYL will not abide ANY antenna that is
visible. She voted this one down:

Inline image

My antenna situation poses a true dilemma (i.e., two choices, both bad),
in that I really enjoy QRP work, but with my crappy EFHW, I really need
more power to be effective. So, any time I see an antenna article that
might even hint at being stealthy, I'm reading it. Indeed, I would like
to see more posts about people who are successfully using their µBITX
with stealthy antennas. When JackAl is done, a mag loop and controller
are in my future.

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, July 29, 2018, 9:44:16 AM EDT, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io
<jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Any *Bitx* owner has to deal with antennas if they wish to get on the air.
Often the antenna can be more of an obstacle than the *Bitx*.

Yes, opinions will vary about what is a suitable subject for discussion
here.
An example of definitely in: Spurs and transmit power levels across
the various bands on a uBitx.
Definitely out: Even the most oblique reference to US politics.

I just violated my own rule there, let's hope this thread doesn't blow
up again.

Jerry

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 06:32 AM, <m5fra2@...> wrote:

Maybe it was a bit off topic?