Re: Audio chip burn out.

Sudipta Ghose VU2UT

From my old collection. For your information -

QUOTE-

One of the best audio amplifier on the market is the TDA2822, which works from 3 volts to 15 volts, when used as a bridge, pumps out a full 1 watt, and most of all, minimum components, just four electrolytics ! Very low noise and absolutely no mains hum.

There are two versions, the TDA2822, and TDA2822M.

I have experimented with both and found that :

 The TDA2822 dip version, is more stable, and rugged, but if you feed more than 9 volts, it gets warm., and a protection circuit pops in and out for protection.

The TDA2822M is the mini dip version. Does not get warm with 12 volts, but is less stable, and apparently has no good protection circuit. I have blown three ( they are some $3 to $4 for ten pieces from ebay) ! A simple accidental short circuit, and bang it goes. I accidentally touched the input with my soldering iron, with power on, and bang it went. This does not happens with the dip version.

And, further to my last email, on ebay, you can also find kits with all parts and a PCB to construct an amplifier for as little as $6 shipped if one so desires to go that route.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc - UNQUOTE

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 7:29 AM, MAX <max@...> wrote:

Thanks tom for being helpful.

Regards.