Re: Accidental Calibrate #ubitx #calibration

m5fra2@...

Thanks Frank, also been there but getting out of it!

Colin – M5FRA

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Joel Caulkins
Sent: 28 July 2018 17:27
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Accidental Calibrate #ubitx #calibration

Frank,

You have inadvertently entered the Calibration Twilight Zone. I did the same thing 4 days ago and I only yesterday was able to escape. Here's what I had to do, first upgrade to KD8CEC's firmware 1.08 or later, then download version 1.04 of KD8CEC's uBitx Memory Manager and install it. Then follow this thread,  https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/kd8cec_firmware_and_basic/16637851?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,16637851 and load the defaults mentioned there which will allow you to get control of your uBitx again, then using the memory manager continue to tweak your settings until you get it right on. I know it sounds daunting, but that's what I had to do to get back into the land of the living. As far as I'm concerned, the stock calibration procedure should be removed from the base firmware as it does more harm than good.

Joel
N6ALT