Re: Accidental Calibrate #ubitx #calibration

EI_Frank

Hi Joel,
Many thanks for sharing your frustration and the eventual solution.
You are a gentleman.
I shall try your solution in the hope of getting out of this Calibration Maze.
I agree with your assessment of the Stock Firmware, Tune-up instructions are not much better and don't agree with the actual firmware on board the uBitx.
This is a great little rig which has great potential, but lots of unnecessary grief in the Tune-Up.
Many thanks again.

73,

Frank
EI8HIB

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Joel Caulkins <caulktel@...> wrote:
Frank,

You have inadvertently entered the Calibration Twilight Zone. I did the same thing 4 days ago and I only yesterday was able to escape. Here's what I had to do, first upgrade to KD8CEC's firmware 1.08 or later, then download version 1.04 of KD8CEC's uBitx Memory Manager and install it. Then follow this thread,  https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/kd8cec_firmware_and_basic/16637851?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,16637851 and load the defaults mentioned there which will allow you to get control of your uBitx again, then using the memory manager continue to tweak your settings until you get it right on. I know it sounds daunting, but that's what I had to do to get back into the land of the living. As far as I'm concerned, the stock calibration procedure should be removed from the base firmware as it does more harm than good.

Joel
N6ALT