Re: End Fed antennas w/ uBITX #ubitx

m5fra2@...

Exactly! Spending lots of money on wire antennas is IMHP stupid when you can make then for next to nothing. There is no magic involved.  If you are really interested don’t buy a 9:1 UNUN get an antennas analyser to see what is really going on.

Colin – M5FRA

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Warren Allgyer
Sent: 26 July 2018 00:39
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] End Fed antennas w/ uBITX

Jerry

As I have said, it depends upon your definition of “work”.

Using your 10 watt transceiver with this antenna is the same as using a 1 watt transceiver with a resonant half wave fed by a tuner or low loss transformer. I have made worldwide contacts using 1 watt.

I just want want people to understand that they can do much better for a lot less money if they understand what is actually happening with their antenna.

Almost any antenna will “work”. “Working well” can be easily achieved with a little bit of effort and our collective knowledge level can be improved at the same time.

WA8TOD