Re: Mike element

Arv Evans

Ken

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering if there was a generic problem with elements
used in the Baofeng microphones, or if yours was an anomaly?  May have to order
one just so I can test it.

Measuring the electret microphone output in typical BITX radio circuits seems to
indicate that most elements from on-line dealers put out around 45 millivolts as
measured with an oscilloscope.  Of course this will vary with circuit changes and
with different loading factors.

Arv

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 11:09 AM Ken Held KF7DUR via Groups.Io <kf7dur=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Art,

I didn't measure the output before replacing the element.
I compared it to a microphone from a GE commercial radio and it was much lower with the original, now the audio sounds very close.

Ken