Re: surprising CW sidetone value in uBITX Manager 0.11 #ubitx

Mike KK7ER

rOn,

I agree that uBITX Manager should flag bad values.  But this is not a user error.  It is simply the result of flashing CEC firmware on top of the stock firmware.  The stock firmware did not write the memory locations where CW speed and sidetone values are stored -- it left them uninitialized.  And apparently by design, the CEC firmware does not overwrite the EEPROM memory space used for user-defined parameters (probably to allow restoring the original firmware without losing settings).  I may be mistaken but this interpretation makes sense to me.

73 Mike KK7ER