Re: surprising CW sidetone value in uBITX Manager 0.11 #ubitx

W2CTX

Well if one goes out of his way to check an error condition and finds it you should

at least let the user know!  Probably should write the substituted value into the EEPROM.

rOn

On July 21, 2018 at 4:08 AM Raj vu2zap <rajendrakumargg@...> wrote:

Mike,

This is to error correct extreme values that may be set by the user.
If the value is between 100 and 2000 it does nothing!

Raj

At 21/07/2018, you wrote:
I think I see what is going on.  For example, in initSettings(), the sidetone value is getting read from the EEPROM:

EEPROM.get(CW_SIDETONE, sideTone);

But later on, it is getting overwritten if the value is not "sane":

if (sideTone < 100 || 2000 < sideTone)
  sideTone = 800;

So that explains why uBITX Manager is showing bogus values and yet normal values show up on the LCD.

73 Mike KK7ER