Re: Source for female connectors/pins/manual crimp tool?

Dave New

Thanks,

I ordered:

100% Brand new high quality connector, pin headers and IDC cable kit
Package quantity: 635-Piece and 5-Feet 10-Wire IDC Cable

Package Includes:
Dupont Connector Female / Male Housing Connector.
1x2P Dupont Connector Housing Female-----------20-Piece
1x3P Dupont Connector Housing Female-----------20-Piece
1x4P Dupont Connector Housing Female-----------20-Piece
1x5P Dupont Connector Housing Female-----------20-Piece
1x6P Dupont Connector Housing Female-----------20-Piece
1x7P Dupont Connector Housing Female-----------20-Piece
1x8P Dupont Connector Housing Female-----------20-Piece
1x9P Dupont Connector Housing Female-----------20-Piece

210-Piece Dupont Jumper Wire Cable Female Pin Connector.
210-Piece Dupont Jumper Wire Cable MalePin Connector.

10-Piece 40 Pin 2.54mm Pitch Single Row PCB Pin Header
10-Piece 40 Pin 2.54mm Pitch Single Row Right Angle PCB Pin Headers

5-Feet 10-Wire Rainbow Color Flat Ribbon IDC Cable

for $13.87 USD, and:

IWISS Crimping Tools for Dupont Professional Pin Compression Ratcheting Modular Insulated Terminal Crimper Pin 2.54mm 3.96mm 28-18AWG 0.5-1.0mm2 with Wire-electrode Cutting Die

for $22.99 USD

I'd say the tool dies look a LOT like the one I have for Anderson Powerpoles, but I'd rather have one that is specifically designed for the Dupont stuff than to take a chance that it doesn't fit quite right. I'm a great believer in proper crimping.

In any event, since I'm a Prime member, I will get both of those with free shipping in two days.

I figured that if I got a decent quantity of the housings/pins, I could share with my club mates, since we did a quantity buy of the uBITX, and a number of them are also ordering the case I got.  No sense everyone having to scour the Internet for missing connectors.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE