Re: uBitX CAT problem on 40m #ubitx #ubitx-help #ft8

Gordon Gibby

Radio interference! Happens on whatever bands you get currents through sensitive junctions.

Experiment try to fix it, add grounds, single point ground, try ferrites lots of different places, eventually you will stop the current that is locking up the rig.

On Jul 20, 2018, at 08:24, John <jjczon@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I just put my antenna in a u-shape in the attic and have a better swr now so I was able to try the uBitX on 40m for the first time.
What I experience only on 40m is that while using WSJT-X my uBitX locks up and gets stuck on TX. All the shorter bands (30/20/17/15/12 and 10) don't cause this issue.

Running CEC firmware v1.095 with Nextion 2.4 display.

When the lock up happens I get the warning message "RIG Control Error, Do you want to reconfigure the radio interface" and when I look on the uBitX the TX symbol is lit.

I don't have any chokes on my audio cables and have been working on the higher bands without any problems.

Any clues?

John