Re: uBitX CAT problem on 40m #ubitx #ubitx-help #ft8

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

I would suggest putting a clip on ferrite core on the USB cable, right at the Raduino connector and one on the wires from the Raduino connector going to the encoder.
Others have brought this issue up and this was the easiest and quickest solution.
73s,

Marco - KG5PRT

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018, 8:04 AM Marc Jones via Groups.Io <gw0wvl=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Sounds like a Bit of RF is getting in there ...

Gw0wvl

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 at 13:24, John
<jjczon@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I just put my antenna in a u-shape in the attic and have a better swr now so I was able to try the uBitX on 40m for the first time.
What I experience only on 40m is that while using WSJT-X my uBitX locks up and gets stuck on TX. All the shorter bands (30/20/17/15/12 and 10) don't cause this issue.

Running CEC firmware v1.095 with Nextion 2.4 display.

When the lock up happens I get the warning message "RIG Control Error, Do you want to reconfigure the radio interface" and when I look on the uBitX the TX symbol is lit.

I don't have any chokes on my audio cables and have been working on the higher bands without any problems.

Any clues?

John