Re: K5BCQ click fix 2nd generation installed #ubitx

Don, ND6T

Very well documented Patrick! The original C50 and C63 are not polarized. C250 is part of the sidetone filter and would not cause your problem, but C50 is certainly suspect. Try substituting something for C50. Anything from 0.1uF to 10 uF. If you use a polarized substitute put the positive side toward Q70 and R50.
Do you have any signal tracing equipment (tone, oscilloscope, outboard audio amp)? Those would be quite helpful at this point and would have saved you a lot of work. It appears that you have done everything properly but it is 3AM and I am not competent enough at this time to be sure. I'll keep studying your message. 73, Don