OK, I am stumped and I could use some help. For context, the issue is no Audio at all when powered on ANT attached or not.
I annotated this drawing to match my pictures.
Here's what I've tested all but the TX test was without mic attached:
- I resoldered a few wires that didn't look great.
- I cleaned up a dropped blob of solder that was all over C250 and R251 on the main board. (oops)
Ultimately, I had to pull C250 off the board, clean the solder off the board and reattach. The solder caps came off C250. I rebedded it in solder on the pads as best I could. It is firmly attached and continuity around it is correct. <<-- This might be it. Not sure.
- I cleaned the board and main board anywhere I did work with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip
- I replaced my TDA2822 just to see and it had no change.
- General Continuity Tests
- I have continuity from the outboard end of the wire (from the main board) to the next component on the add-on board (i.e., across the next trace) as follows:
- Blue to R5
- Brown to R3
- Black to C1
- Purple to Bottom right leg of Q3 (as in drawing above)
- Yellow to R2
- Orange to top of Q2
- My trace breaks on the main board are all good. No continuity across those.
- My jumper wires at the breaks are good. Continuity across those tested across and not on the jumper wires.
- Power Tests (RX)
- I DO NOT see any voltage on Blue wire to the Black wire (GND) on the board. This makes sense .. its on the TX side.
- I DO see 12v from on the Brown wire to Black wire (GND) on the board. This is the RX side so again, that makes sense.
- TX Tests
- PTT does enable TX on the display
- PTT turns on 12V on the Blue TX wire (see above)
- PTT turns off 12V on Brown RX wire (see above)
- I tested with a mono speaker that I've used before
- I've tested with a stereo headphone that I've used before
My fear is that I've messed up the capacitors (that's what those brown things are right?) at C250, C50 and C63.
Am I correct in my sizing of these from the V3 schematic (http://www.hfsignals.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ubitxv3.pdf)
C50 & C63 - 1u
C250 = .1u
Am I also correct that C50 and C63 are polarized? I could have screwed that up when I desoldered them, dropped them 300 times before I barely stood them on end and tombstoned them. ;)
I'm stumped and could definitely use an Elmer.