Re: RF power chain mods and improvements..

Jer Tres

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 07:02 PM, ajparent1/KB1GMX wrote:
In context they worked in that they were marginally better than the 2n3904s, but compared
to the 2n2222A or 2n2219 they were not very good.   Compared to 2n3866 they were poor.
Hi Allison,
So it sounds like you found the 2n3866 superior to the 2n2222a  at some point in the chain. To avoid having to repeat what you have already tried could you share with us at which point in the chain, i.e. driver, predriver & did you use one or two or four? 2n3866’s are pretty pricey but not unobtainium from a reliable source. And do tnis superiority apply to all bands or just to the higher frequencies?

If this is obvious or you have already stated it, I apologize for having missed it (and it’s obviously not obvious to me...) please do not give up, your opinions knowledge and findings are well respected here

and elsewhere.

Thanks. And thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Jerry aa1of