Re: RF power chain mods and improvements..

ajparent1/kb1gmx

I work with US supply vendors and in some cases ask for COC or similar documentation and get it.
Many of the companies I've dealt with for decades.

Its not a bargain if I get crap and wait twice the time to get it because I had to order and
pay for it again. In general I feel the risk and wasted time for ebay and similar is not
worth it.

I'd bet the market for leaded parts is more ripe for scams and fakes.  Solution,
use SMT parts as they are cheaper more readily available and less likely to be faked.
Yes, they are small but some offer better performance at higher frequencies.
Same for the resistors and caps.  I dead bug (ugly/manhattan construction) them too.

Allison