Screen showing only blocks ?

chuckr@hostu.org

Just finished my first ubitx v4 build and things are not working as expected...Thanks first of all for any and all help. My main symptom is that on power up the display is showing a string of blocks on the bottom row.. Somewhere about two thirds to the right is one blocking dimly blinking. A quick disconnect before something went poof and subsequently with longer power on no change was had. I then plugged some ear buds into and could here some birdies and other odd sounds etc. asĀ  I turned the tuning control. Have any of you all had or know of what this problem is or points too. I know this isn't much info to go on but all support/help/advice is appreciated.

73
chuck