Re: receive works great, but no trans power, #ubitx-help

Jerry Gaffke

That strap could cut Q90-base out of the circuit too, in case that causes RX spurs.
Probably OK to leave the back-to-back diodes in there near Q90-base (to the left of C80)
during transmit, as I doubt we have much more than 0.1vrms there.

Unfortunately, I've got a very long list of stuff to do while the weather is good.
Fiddling with the uBitx isn't on it.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 03:53 AM, Gordon Gibby wrote:
That would make for a very useful experiment!   If you try it, let us know what you find out!

It’s possible that different transistors have different reverse (base-emitter) break down voltages, which would dramatically change the amount of energy deposited on the base-emitter junction by a strong signals.... I just don’t know enough about the devices to say for sure.