Re: RD16HHF1 power curve flattening...some

Ralph Mowery

I did this basic mod and it works fine for me.

Try pulling the power plug going to the board.  There are 3 wires, one ground and 2 hot wires.  One of the hot wires goes directly to the finals and the other wire goes to everything else.  Disconnect the wire going to the finals and see if the fuse still blows.  If not, it could be fake parts , miswiring, or maybe you have shorted the cross over wires on the final.  I bought my finals from RF  parts.

One other thought, did you cut the drive pot back  and rebias the finals with the other two pots ?  You may be driving it to more output or maybe the bias is set wrong.

de ku4pt

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM, <fr.beckenbauer@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I tried to do this mod: https://ubitx.net/2018/02/16/power-amp-fix/

I checked everything for shorts, and a multimeter connected to the power input shows typical capacitor behaviour. However, when I connect power, my 3A fuse instantly pops. Is it possible that fake RD16HHF1 are causing this? I'm kinda desperate.