Re: HDMI display

Tom, wb6b

I agree that taking advantage of the CAT interface and using a second computer, that is HDMI capable, is probably the most practical approach.

However:

One big advantage of the Arduino computers is they make writing programs interacting I/O pins possible in an easy and understandable way.

I stumbled upon this library that brings the same type of I/O programming simplicity to the Raspberry Pi. http://wiringpi.com

Assuming a Raspberry Pi Zero (which has an HDMI output) is not too big of an RF noise factory, one could replace the Nano with the Pi Zero.

For hacking something like this together, rather than remove the Nano from the Raduino board, you could reprogram the Raduino to be an I2C to LCD display adaptor and drive the LCD display (assuming you may like to have an LCD display in addition to an HDMI display) and the Si5351 chip from the Rpi over the I2C bus. Then connect I/O pins from the Rpi, as needed, to the back of the Raduino to let the Rpi directly take over the I/O functionally that was handled by the Nano when it was running the uBITX firmware.

Tom, wb6b