Re: CEC firmware with RadI2Cino board? #ubitx #radiuno #firmware

W2CTX

Jack and rest if bit20 group I was 1/2 wrong!

Pull-up resistors

The analog pins also have pull-up resistors, which work identically to pull-up resistors on the digital pins. They are enabled by issuing a command such as:

pinMode(A0, INPUT_PULLUP); // set pull-up on analog pin 0

Be aware however that turning on a pull-up will affect the values reported by analogRead().

***  It is the last line that may cause issues.  Guess if you define a "iINPUT_PULLUP" then you should not use analogRead().

rOn

On July 15, 2018 at 1:03 PM "Jack Purdum via Groups.Io" <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

I didn't know that. Since all of the Nano pins, including the analog pins, can be used as digital pins, I thought they, too, would have pullups that could be turned on. Is that not the case?

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, July 15, 2018, 12:51:01 PM EDT, W2CTX <w2ctx@...> wrote:

I believe A6 has no connection to digital pull-up resistors.

rOn

On July 15, 2018 at 12:31 PM Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

Have to ask Ashhar on that one.  I'm just paraphrasing the instructions that are published on HF Signal's website.  I don't use the A6 line for CW keying after freeing up the Digital pins when we went to the I2C display but lots of people still are.

Jim

On Jul 15, 2018, at 11:25 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io < jjpurdum@...> wrote:

Jim:

Does it still float if you use:

    pinMode(A6, INPUT_PULLUP):

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, July 15, 2018, 12:20:55 PM EDT, Jim Sheldon < w0eb@...> wrote:

Wish edit was enabled.  The pins 2 and 3 I'm referring to are on the "Digital" plug.  Pin 2 is the A6 analog input for CW keying and pin 3 is 5 volts.  This resistor pulls the A6 pin up to 5 volts which is the key "UP" condition.  If the pull up resistor is NOT installed, that input "floats" and if it gets near zero volts, the software thinks a CW key is installed and is pressed (Key DOWN).

Jim

On Jul 15, 2018, at 11:12 AM, Jim Sheldon < w0eb@...> wrote:

You MUST put the 4.7K resistor between pins 2 and 3 of the Raduino regardless if you are using factory or CEC software to keep it from going into transmit without pressing a CW key.  That's spelled out specifically in the instructions and if you don't have that resistor in place and wired correctly that may well be your problem.

Jim

On Jul 15, 2018, at 10:53 AM, km4vhx@... wrote:

Jim,

That is a great offer to provide Ian with a free Radi2Cino, it's a shame he hasn't taken you up on it.  Perhaps he doesn't want to have to maintain the code changes either, which is understandable.

I was able to modify Ian's CEC code so it didn't go into transmit immediately.  However, it would still go into transmit if I turned the rotary encoder quickly (???).   Turning it slowly worked properly.

My current plans are to go with the TFT/Arduino Mega display for my uBITX, I already had all of the hardware laying around, I just haven't gotten it wired together yet.   I've since bought an Icom 7300 and have been spending my radio time playing with it, and putting up antennas, so the UBITX has taken a back burner.

Jeff, KM4VHX