Re: Finding variables in source code

Jack Purdum

I think we all run into situations where we need to find the definition of a variable or object in a large set of files. The UNIX tool Grep is perfect for doing that. The Grep version I use is not longer available, but I just downloaded and tried this version and it seems to work well:

If you want to change the data type of a variable, use Grep and type in the variable name, supply a search path, and BINGO it finds all occurrences of that string in the directory/subdirectories seach.

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, July 15, 2018, 11:06:15 AM EDT, Lee <mr.olson@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike,  I did not know about General coverage mode.  It seems to step buy .1MHZ  which is what I was trying to do.  Thanks to the others for the WWV ideas but my reference to WWV was an example.

My changes work as I wanted but I still would like to figure out how to make it display correctly.  I cannot find where to change the data type to unsigned long.
--
Lee - N9LO  "I Void Warranties"