#uBITX #ubitx

SM6MOJ

My uBITX is finally finished. The Hammond case was a tight fit and the knobs came from my junkbox. The manipulator is home made and the microphone is housed in an old pill box.

It did not want to know about the straight key at first, so I upgraded to KD8CEC firmware. This knocked out both keys. After trying three different uBITX firmware packages and two different uBITX managers, I reverted to the default firmware. It could be that the uBITX manager and I did not agree with each other. Finally, it accepted both keys, although the straght key sounded a bit flakey until I cleaned the morse key points.