Re: Inexpensive eBay Amplifier Kits

Kees T

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Since I sold 20W+ Amp kits, I bought one of these to try it out and run some tests. The MOSFETs had the ID taken off with a grinder. The amplifier worked the first 4 times we powered it up and "went south" the 5th time with limited output. I did get a refund after working with eBay "for a while". The good thing is that they are improving and I'm glad to see them using the sleeve ferrites over copper tubes for the output transformer (#61 material ?). Question the linearity and if it's Class C (probably OK) or Class AB Linear.....and what the top end compression is. Any of these run better at 24V or 18V but I want a 13.8VDC Amp.

73 Kees K5BCQ