Re: Crystal CW filter with Version 4 uBITX boards? #ubitx

Jerry Gaffke

Post 48530 is with regard to a uBitx.
No mention of sotabeams anywhere in the thread.
It includes the following statement
"During the tuning process, at every frequency change, the function was called
and set the correct  IF oscillator frequency to 4Mhz or 12Mhz (dependant on wide or narrow)."

That was the cause of his clicks.
And that sounds to me like two crystal filters at 4 and 12 mhz,
he would have to move the BFO when selecting the other filter (also move clk1).
I followed up with a post for clarification as it is not very clear,
but there was no further response.

I can believe it does not work terribly well.
But could be worth trying, or at least worth modeling the impedances of
the unused filter.
Farhan's original selection of 12.0 and 1.8432 mhz would place the filters
very far apart, that might help.

Jerry

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 04:17 am, ajparent1/KB1GMX wrote:
Jerry that pointer is to bitx 40/20 tuning clicks.  The Sotabeams audio filter was
mentioned and I know that would work well.