Re: NEXTION DISPLAY UPDATES For KD8CEC ver 1.094 up

Lowell Haney NE4EB

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 02:47 pm, Joe wrote:
we all end up with a great evolving project..
Joe, you said a mouth full.  I've been around amateur radio since the mid '70's. I have not seen ONE locus of, and I do not say this lightly, stunning advancement of a particular radio in the hands of the community like this one.

Have you?

I've seen modifications of gear, even helped in small ways before with IF taps for a vacuum tube based spectrum display, upgrading a tube based power supply (once, even a vibrator based mobile B+ supply) to solid state components.

This is different.

I'm watching the development of SDR, and have bought in (SDRPlay II), seeing RX filtering with vertical walls of arbitrary width that DON'T RING. This was hoodoo in analog circuitry. There is a transformation afoot in our gear and you guys are driving it.

Lowell