Re: Just built my ubitx, can't receive anything #ubitx #ubitx-help

davedt1e@...

I can't account for the Drake,  but I have a bunch of shortwave recievers that work well on short antennas.  They are designed to work reasonably well with short antennas.  Wide band and RF amp stages maybe?  Others more knowledgeable than I can explain that much better.

I've got several HF transceivers and can't hear much of anything on them without a good length of antenna out.

3 foot antenna receive on Drake?  Maybe because it's a Drake ;-)

The good news is that I'll bet your Ubitx is fine and you'll be enjoying using it shortly!