Re: Just built my ubitx, can't receive anything #ubitx #ubitx-help

davedt1e@...

I'm no pro, but it sounds to me like you don't have enough antenna out.  If I understand you correctly you're using a 3 foot antenna?  I would try to get at least 50 ft or so out for recieve,  even if you just tie it along a fenceline  or something similar.   Or maybe just throw a roughly 40 meter loop up on the roof.  In my own experience your just not going to hear much (as you would with a shortwave receiver) on hf with such a small antenna.

Also, I just built the QRP Guys Multi - Z tuner and really like it.  It's inexpensive and fun to build...and may help a little with reception.

If I mis-read your post about 3 ft long antenna, then just ignore everything I said!  LOL!

Good Luck!