Re: ?- How high SWR before smoke?

Jerry Gaffke

Google "TO-220 insulator kit".  You can steal them from old equipment such as a computer power supply.
With two of those and some heat transfer grease, you can mount the IRF510's to one grounded heatsink.
The RD16HHF1's don't need the insulator kit, since the tab is the source pin, and gets grounded anyway.
But the insulator kits work well with the IRF510's.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 09:16 pm, Walter Keen wrote:
For a backpacking radio, as I'm hoping to use my ubitx v3 for, can anyone see reasons to not move to RD16HHF1's or similar, particularly in my case for the reason that a larger passive heatsink out of my parts bin is slightly better to plan for in terms of battery power (weight vs space) , vs a fan or two running on the IRF510's