Re: Easy, Inexpensive Cooling Fan, Excelway Case

Mike Woods

Well the good news is that is not how it works.  It works in semi-break-in mode, where the TX mode only goes back to RX with a reasonable pause in sending characters (adjustable in the menu).   You should be fine in connecting the fan to the TX voltage line.

Mike ZL1AXG

On 4/07/18 9:42 AM, Arvo KD9HLC via Groups.Io wrote:
On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 06:46 am, Gary Anderson wrote:
 I would think that during a CW transmit, that the fan should remain On, and not switch On/Off with every dit and dah.
Oh, brother, I'd not thought of that either.  Is that how this rig works in CW mode?  Yikes.

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...