Re: Removing insulation from fine wires

atouk

I use a small set of dykes (diagonal cutting pliers).  An old pair, new ones are too sharp.  Once you get a feel for it, you can pinch the insulation without cutting into the copper, and then just pull the insulation off.

Dull/used cutters will break the insulation enough to cause it to separate when you pull it off without damaging the wire.

On 7/3/2018 3:47 PM, JOHN CRONHELM wrote:
My wire stripper won't strip these small digital and audio wires. I used a sharp blade around the circumference of insulation but very labour intensive.
Any better ideas?
John VO1jcc.