Re: Nextion 3.2 Display

Arv Evans

Dex

The BITX group includes persons for whom English is not a primary language.  It also includes
English speakers form all over the world who speak one of more of the many English dialects.
This results in deliberate or accidental use and abuse of the language.  It probably serves us best
to allow a little flexibility in how we spell and speak any of the languages used here.

Topic of this thread is "Nextion 3.2 Display"  and not how the language is being used, unless of
course it refers to C-language and coding for the Nextion Display operation and interface.

Arv
_._

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 2:29 PM Dexter N Muir <dexy@...> wrote:
A more thorough explanation, then:
"their" is possessional - it's the plural of "his/her/its"
"there" is positional - in this case the position/place is in the code and eventually on screen.
They sound the same but have vastly different meanings. This is partly American dialect and partly sub-standard education - not your fault, but your teachers in childhood and the system they operate in. It's akin to "your/you're" and even "yaw", and that dreadful "y'all". Really, don't get me started ... do 100 centers make a dollarer? and where the 'ell is the "L" in sodder and goff?
Better?
73
Dex, ZL2DEX