Re: Compiler warnings

Steven Read

Nice explanation Jack! People who write standards need to realize there are are many programs they break with changes like this. Myself, I go "tweak" the source when I get something like this but I am a bit obsessive about getting a clean compile. Inflicting things like this on the average Joe is a lousy way to run a railroad!

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 10:53 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:
All:

Several people have asked about compiler warnings they are getting, like:

        warning: ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to 'char*'

A variation on this are the "deprecated" warnings issued by the compiler. Even more confusing is the fact that the warnings they now see were not there before. Usually, this is because of a compiler update. As a general rule, compiler warnings do not prevent the compile from finishing or performing an upload. However, warnings mean something is bending the rules. For anyone who might be interested, this was my answer to one of those people.

--
Steven Read - ab9ol - Dublin, Indiana (em79jt)