Re: TX frequency? of uBitx at CWL and CWU mode #ubitxcw

Ian Lee

jj1epe, michael and all

CW is a way to generate and transmit one frequency,
To hear the unmodulated frequency, we move the frequency a little in SSB(We call it Side tone)
In LSB, it is necessary to increase the frequency by Side tone, and in USB, it must be lowered by Side Tone.

If you want to display the actual frequency transmitted to the screen, selected the following in uBITX Manager.
 - Enabled Adjust CW Frequency
 - Shift Display Frequency on CWL, CWU Mode

Various opinions about CW frequency display method have been continued.
A few months ago I created the option 'Shift Display Frequency on CWL, CWU Mode' by OM's  opinion  in  this community group.

If you select this function, the LCD will show the frequency at which the radio will be transmitted.

Ian KD8CEC

Akira-san :

The uBITX display frequency in CWU/CWL is the RX frequency not the TX frequency. The norm in CW on most commercial rigs is to always display the TX frequency.
You can however set the RX offset. It seems that yours must be 1.5 Khz which is a lot. Typically it would be something in the range of 500 to 800 Hz.

There is a related issue which I have reported and that is that changing CW modes is "broken". When switching back and
forth between CWU/CWL modes the TX frequency changes and the RX frequency does not which is wrong. This means that
if you properly tune in a CW station (RX tone matches your offset) on CWU and switch to CWL the other station is no longer audible and
he can't hear you. It should be possible to switch back and forth between CWU and CWL and still maintain contact.

See message #51983 for more details.

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB

--