newbee here...just made the order...antenna question on old G5RV

Don - KM4UDX

Finally, after a year or more of hand ringing and second guessing myself, I finally pulled the switch and ordered my uBITX!

Believe it or not, it came down to the ICOM7300 or the uBITX.  I picked the uBITX because I love to solder and build, and when things are hard, they are much more satisfying when you finally get over the hill.  And what I learn with the uBITX will apply to any more complex and capable transceiver downstream. So I pulled the plug.  Should start the build in a few weeks. Also ordered the normal white plastic case from BG, and bnc to SO239 connectors, etc.

Questions to the wise ones: Can I hook up the uBITX my G5RV? I have a length of coax (which has a simple choke) that connects to the twinlead, which then goes to the dipole aerial WITHOUT an antenna tuner?

I borrowed 100W transceiver, and the G5RV worked just fine. But the 100W rig had an internal antenna turner, which I’m told the G5RV needs.  The uBITX does not have a antenna tuner…will it work well enough directly connected with the G5RV?

If I have to get an antenna tuner…(rats!), then I’m thinking of the ZM-2 or the like.

https://steadynet.com/emtech/zm2-kit-uhf-connectors

Guidance please!

Thank you o wise ones!

Don