Re: RFI problem at the encoder switch #ubitx-help

Gordon Gibby

That is classic radio frequency interference. I’ve seen it in my own unit—-, so start shielding and bypassing and keep it up, until you get it stopped.

Folks who do digital communications get real good at this kind of stuff because any radio frequency interference at all and they have real problems.  You can do it too!

On Jul 1, 2018, at 13:47, "hakan.sjostrom@..." <hakan.sjostrom@...> wrote:

As soon as I speak in the microphone the display switches to "Band Select?". Both on a EFHW and a dipole antenna with low SWR. Except building RF chokes is there anything else worth trying - like a capacitor? Or a shielded wire from the encoder switch?